As Big-City Debut Looms, New Air Traffic System Draws Fire

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/08/politics/08RADA.html

A week or so ago I was passing time looking at the 10 minute delayed display
of traffic to LaGuardia on

http://www4.passur.com/lga.html

I clicked on the symbol of an aircraft flying south along the Hudson River
around GW bridge.   Its altitude was given as 1100 feet or so.  As I watched
it meandered a little to the Jersey side and descended a little.  Then its
type identification changed.  I forget the detail, but it was initially
identified as something like E135, but abruptly changed to something like
D93.  It continued south for a while, then turned east as if heading to JFK.
Now its ident changed again to some other aircraft type (I can't guess what
some of the three character identifications mean) and it flew on, passing
north of JFK still at moderate altitude.

I wonder if STARS is subject to some of these peculiarities?

Gerry
http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley
http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/pollock/263/egypt/egypt.html

The passur.com is also available as bos.htm, sfo.htm and lax.htm.

G.