Re: MD-11's

I think Douglas's point was that all the talk, including on this list,
lately has been about Delta's announcement that they're parking the
aircarft, and you're asking about Delta and MD-11s as if they're
increasing, not decreasing. Maybe Delta hasn't used many MD-11s at DFW
until now, but they have at hubs like ATL and CVG (Atlanta and
Covington/Cincinnati).

Similarly, it was big news on all the aviation mailing lists when Delta's
L1011s were retired from service a couple of years ago. That might have
been before you joined the list, but to anyone making half an effort to
follow these lists at the time, it's old news. :-)

I'll join the others in challenging your claim that you've seen a Delta
DC-10 any time lately. Either it was an MD-11 doing a damned good DC-10
imitation ("Winglets? What winglets? Me?") or it was another carrier. :-)

This is probably a good time to remind people about the Commercial Jet
Census web site, at http://www.bird.ch/bharms/asrstart.htm. This is one of
several sites that can quickly tell you who flies what kind of Boeing,
Airbus, McDonnell-Douglas, or Concorde jet, down to when each jet was
delivered to its first operator and what prior registration numbers an
airliner has had. It doesn't answer "When did Delta last have DC-10s in
their fleet?", but it's very good at, "Does Delta still have any DC-10s?"

Just a thought,
Nick