Re: Airlines cutting food quality and quantity, critics say

I remember once when I was a teenager, I got to fly first class with my mother on Air Canada from Calgary to Montreal-courtesy of my brother-in-law gate agent who transmogrified our Y class excursion tickets to F class (this is well before the J or C class days).  This was an approx. 4 hour flight aboard...an L1011 (the year was 1974).

Lunch consisted of roast beef.  Carved at your seat by the stewarde...oops...the Flight Attendant.  With gravy, on china and silverware.

Just about as good as dinner in the dining car on "The Canadian", the CPR's domed transcontinental train, with stainless steel streamlined cars, bar, dome, sleepers, etc.

Ahhh...those were the days (I did the trip on The Canadian-both ways- in 1978).

Mike Gammon