Re: The Wild jetBlue Yonder

RT,
AA just put out low fares with 757 from jfk-oak and lgb.  i wonder who against? anyway, DN is a shrewd businessman and im sure knows what he's doing but like you said- as fleets get older, maint becomes an issue and eventually employees want moolah.  He's a smart dude, he'll deal with it all.  I booked them for me the wife and baby to pbi- JB has 600 of my bucks, again- we flew them last year too- nothing like watching the poker tournament on live tv on an airplane- AA cant do that for me.
Joe
 RT Simpson
wrote:Dunno about David Neeleman of JetBlue. Here's the CEO of America's most
net-profitable airline featured in this month's Forbes and he sure displays
some wierd-ass tendencies. For example..he gets paged whenever one of his
planes is delayed for more than a minute. He shelves another stock offering
because shareholders who bought high want to sell higher and more shares mean
less money for them. He thinks his "full of future expectations while making
nothing" employees aren't someday going to ask for a raise or want meaningful
benefits or (perish the thought) start a union. And he hasn't faced a
serious competitor yet in his key markets, although LUV's SoCal ticket blitz
got him flanked. Dunno...if I owned JBLU I'd probably be shorting it right
now!

RT Simpson
Phoenix

Joe Pries Commercial Aviation Photography
Serving the airline industry with quality photography
AOL IM AIRLINE72
http://www.joepries.com