Re: aviation, what an industry

looks like theres probably a huge huge glut of candidates out there Baha- otherwise they'd change their tune....
Joe
 Bahadir Acuner wrote:Today I got a call from a major aviation school here in the US for the
flight instructor position. Even though I have all the land/aircraft
flight instructor ratings, they told me I have to meet certain minimum
standards in order to teach in their school..
Number one, I will need their CRM course, which maybe understandable.
If they teach certain things in certain way, it may be understandable
to teach their own procedures consistently.
Then I was told that I will have to attend their long route training.
This is not a cross the Atlantic, Pacific, or something like that..
Just to be able to fly cross countries..

It gets even better.. Then I had to take their CRJ program, which consist
of the sim training, etc. This is a requirement to be able to teach
in Pipers , no way that I will be operating a CRJ after that training.

Now, after all that, I was told, I will be able to teach in that school,
if I can commit a full year.. Now , I don't have a problem with that
commitment, but why go through all this stuff in order to teach in single
engine Pipers, etc..

To top everything all, they wanted me to fork out $17K for this "great
opportunity".. For a person who got ALL of his instructor ratings for
about 5 grand, why would I spend all that money for this kind of a scam..

That flight school and air taxi company in Hawaii is looking more and
more attractive..

Aviation, is it fun and weird? ....

BAHA
Fan of local flight schools that are folding left and right.

Joe Pries Commercial Aviation Photography
Serving the airline industry with quality photography
AOL IM AIRLINE72
http://www.joepries.com