Re: A Piece of History

For pics, see http://www.yyznews.com/sept.html

Rockliffe is a former RCAF base.  It's been around for a while and is the airfield to which the Canadian Aviation Museum is based.  In fact you can land there, and taxi right up to the exhibits, park, and visit the museum entering from the back door.  The rest of the airfield is one of the GA fields for Ottawa.  They also landed a CF-18 there recently, donated by the Air Force (since the museum is gov't owned, I guess the right hand gave the left hand a gift), but had to use a mobile arrester cable.

Mike Gammon