A Piece of History

This coming Saturday, at 08h30 local, Air Canada will deliver by air, a 1967-vintage DC9-32 to the Canadian Aviation Museum in Ottawa.  CF-TLL hit the registry on July 11 1967.  Now, 35 years later, restored to its original livery, it will make its last flight.  No doubt I've flown on this bird at some time in my past.

Here's the kicker though.  The airfield at Rockliffe Airport, where it will land, is only 3000 ft long!  Weather and schedule permitting, I might make the hop up there in the Cherokee to witness this historic event, and mark the passing of my favourite all-time airliner.

Mike Gammon