Re: Un- American Gouging

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, RT Simpson wrote:

> > American Airlines said on Friday it will charge $100 for customers wanting
> > to fly stand-by for an alternate flight on the day of their departure as it
>
> And they wonder why the dinosaurs disappeared!  Here's another pea sized
> brain oldline carrier gasping for air as it slips further into the tar pit.
> Moves like this only make the public more enamored with Southwest and
> JetBlue.  What a bunch of
> AA-holes!

I don't know how JetBlue handles this, but I wouldn't necessarily
hold WN up as being a model of how to handle same day standbys...
My experience is that they will only let you standby if you're
on a fullfare ticket, or are willing to upgrade to it. That could
easily be more than $100.

Not that I'm defending the practice, but WN is hardly the holy grail.

Todd

---
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - B. Franklin, 1759