No wonder USAirways is going under..

I usually do not fly USAirways (nah, USless Air) but since my fiancé
was looking for a cheap flight and didn't care about mileage I booked
her on US, through the website, using her dad's credit card.

We went to the airport tonight so that she can get on US4 , SEA-CLT
flight. Once we were at the check in, she was nowhere to be found
in the reservation system. I told them to make a search with my last
name, and there she was with her first name and my last name.

Turns out USAirways got us married a month early!!! :)

Of course, this is the funny part, and the only funny part of the night.
The way the reservation looked in their system was , she had my last name,
the ticket looked like was purchased by me, and her father was not even
in the picture.

My attempts to change her name in the reservation through the check in
personnel, 800 reservation people and usairways.com help desk didn't help.

Rushing to the United counter didn't even help. The 1130pm ORD
flight was about to be closed. As if this was not enough, they told
us that we could not use the ticket price for a future travel.
That was the topper of everything else!! I told them that was the new
rule, and since the ticket was purchased on Aug 16th, this new "Use
it or loose it" rule should not apply at all. We didn't get a definite
answer, but I am sure going to follow up on this all the way to the end.

I am sorry for all the employees of USAirways, but if something like
this would have happened at Southwest, United, or even Northwest, I am
sure that they would solve the problem one way or another. I am surprised
that USAirways and its management can be so out of touch with reality
and treat their customers like crap....

^%^
Fan of United, Southwest, Northwest... even Delta
Not a fan of USAirways that doesn't treat its customers right, and doesn't
serve booze..

ORD : Chicago O'Hare , IL
CLT : Charlotte, NC
SEA : Seattle, WA