Re: US Air cutbacks

I don't think the paper has it right.  There was a US spokesman on radio
yesterday and he said something like, "on any flight there, are those
who want an alcoholic beverage, and those who don't, and those who do
will have to pay for them, just like in a bar or restaurant."  He then
went on to talk about nonrefundable tickets not being held for credit,
and said something like "We look at it like a ticket to an event like a
movie or sporting event - if you miss it, you don't get to go to the
next game."

They must be hoping that the other majors will follow suit, since if
they don't, I can't imagine anyone wanting to risk buying a ticket on US
and then having to eat it (100%) if they don't go.   US is just digging
themselves into a deeper hole.   I really wish UA had bought them and
killed them off cleanly instead of watching them disintegrate.

--
Michael C. Berch
(never a USAir fan)