Re: Southeast Airlines First Class shuttle

At 06:59 PM 8/26/2002 -0500, Brian Rynott quoted:
>Innovative low fare leader Southeast Airlines has created America's first
>low fare, first class shuttle. Service will begin September 23, 2002
>between Newburgh, NY, located in New York City's high tech corridor, and
>Raleigh-Durham, NC, located in the renowned Research Triangle. This
>convenient twice a day service will allow business travelers to relax or
>work in ultra first class comfort with personal television and phones for
>every beautifully refined and reclining leather seat. Fares will begin at
>a low $125 each way.

So that's where two of the Legend DC-9-30s ended up! I wonder if they're
keeping the 56 seat layout? According to Bill Harms's airliner census, two
of their jets are N920LG and N921LG, which are both ex-Legend birds.

Since the rest of Legend's fleet is listed as stored here or there, I
presume the start of this shuttle service means the White House press corps
is back to riding in coach configuration jets again.

Nick