Re: Curiosities at LGW

The 74 might have been part of European Aviation.  Was it white with a black rear fuselage and a band of color in between?

This company is owned by Paul Stoddart who also owns the Minardi Formula 1 team (for now anyway).  They have one of the 74s configured to support the team with an executive interior.  The last issue of Airways had an article on European that mentions how they came by the 74s.

Their website needs badly to be updated as it still features the BAC 111s that have been parked for over six months.

http://www.euroav.com/Pages/euroaviationhomepage.html

Here is the Minardi page.  The are the perennial back markers on the F1 circuit.

http://www.minardi.it/eng/

Tom