Re: Delta Air Lines Announces New Checked Bag Allowance

....None of these points are valid, IMHO...

1. I don't think that many PAX check a third bag
anyways (except me, dragging 42 pound boxes of
T-shirts to Airliner shows). You are going to have the
same number of ramp agents (bag handlers) whether the
PAX has one bag to check or three or four. This is
just not an issue.

2. Cargo space in the belly of the aircraft is usually
never maxed out anyway. If cargo is left behind, it is
simply put on the next flight to the destination.
Remember, cargo, unless a Premium is paid by the
Shipper is 'Space Available'. The Cargo will get to
its destination, sooner or later....

3. Cargo is not THAT profitable, otherwise you would
see more airlines operating dedicated freighters. Yes,
some do, like NW, but that is for International Cargo
which IS highly profitable. Delta got rid of it's
C-130 freighters 40 or so years ago!

Bryant Petitt
Cumming, GA
6 1/2 years experience in DL air freight