Re: If Baha and I lost....

From: "Mike Gammon" <jmgammon@sympatico.ca>

Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 8:03 PM

> I think that the problem is that we SHOULD be looking at profiling.  Not
> racial profiling, but rather, behaviour profiling.
>
> For example, if your only profiling basis was men paying for a one-way
> ticket in cash, and with no luggage, for a transcon flight, the Sept. 11
> tragedy could have been stopped.  Whether caucasian or middle-eastern,
that
> behaviour should have been a tip-off.  After all, if we limit ourselves to
> racial minorities, we could let an airline-equivalent of Timothy McVeigh
> slip through the cracks.

I don't believe everything I hear, but a person of some authority recently
stated that the hijackers bought round-trip tickets on credit cards.

I am sympathetic to Baja's worries about targeting Middle Easterners, but I
am also sympathetic to the woman who had to drink her breast milk.  It is
absurd to examine everyone, but equally absurd to examine no one.  We have a
problem.  I don't think we have found good answers to it.

Gerry
http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley
http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/pollock/263/egypt/egypt.html