Re: Plane Returns to Logan After Engine Fire?HP and CNN Musings

  http://smail.info - free e-mail service, smtp, pop3, imap4, ssl !

On Thursday, August 8, 2002, at 07:13  PM, MB280SL@aol.com wrote:

> The other day CNN ran the updated story about the 2 AmWest pilots who
> were
> arrested in Miami for having blood alcohol levels above the legal
> limit.  The
> file footage they decided to show included an America West 747 at PHX
> in the
> original color scheme. I have forgotten how many years have past since
> America West had (and has gotten rid of) their 747s.

They're not the only ones using old footage.  Last week when doing a
story on the then-just-announced America West/Hawaiian codeshare, one of
the local TV stations in Hawaii (don't remember which) used a bunch of
it as well.  All America West planes were in old colors, and included
747 footage.

--
David Mueller / HNL
davidm@smail.info