Re: Bankruptcies

Hi all:

LTU International Airways that had an office here in Miami, was two
operations.  One of them was the Charter tour group and the other was the Us
offices for the airline LTU International.  Yes, LTU was a charter airline
and used Miami as a hub point for their flights into Mexico and Central
America.

What had happened is that LTU from what I have found out was hit very hard by
the 9/11 incident and also at the same time LTU had a working arrangement
with Lufthansa.  What they did was close down the US marketing offices for
the time being and will reopen again in the near future.

The landing slots that LTU has in the US were not affected nor was the
airline in any way behind in payments to the airport authorities.  Matter a
fact LTU still has flights to and from South Florida for the time being.
What I feel they are doing is allowing Lufthansa to handle all for them.

Regards,
John W Swiman
Miami, Florida