Re: How stupid is the media exactly?

Actually, looking at some of the footage of the crash, and descriptions
from witnesses, it's actually *possible* that the crew ejected after the
first impact.  This was not an augur-in "splat" crash, but instead there
were a couple of light impacts with trees and other objects before the
plane exploded and cartwheeled into the crowd.  It would have been less
than 2 seconds, though.

More likely it was just an error in the story or in translation of the
quote.  Two seconds before impact would be much more plausible.

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@postmodern.com