Re: NYTimes.com Article: Doomed Planes Tried to Avoid Collison

Hi Scotty,

Long time no natter.

It's sounding more and more like the Swiss ATC guy screwed up. Or, more
accurately, the system screwed up and the poor sod up the sharp end was
left wearing it.  A mate of mine who was over in Geneva for a ATC
conference a couple of years back and was taken to the ATC simulator
which also takes a live feed from Eurocontrol, including the sector in
question and he said it is a hellishly complicated piece of airspace.

Grant
SYD
QF