Re: LAX gunman - info & opinion

Mike,

As mentioned in a previous post (before I read this
one), this was the practice in Denpasar (DPS), Bali,
when we checked last Wednesday. However, the
impression I got was that security is really lax at
airports like these....(can you imagine what security
is at the smaller airports).

Whole bottom line is, if you want to be a determined
terrorist, and travel from a smaller airport in a
third world country, you will have no trouble getting
any manner of weapons thru.

I will commend HKG, where you must have your baggage
screened on the way up to the departure level from
your connecting flight. They are evidently aware of
the 'possible' security deficiencies of other airports
and want to make sure that they insure all aircraft
flying out of HKG are security sure, at least as Xray
screening is concerned......

Bryant Petitt
Cumming, GA