From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU]On Behalf Of
User169331@aol.com
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 1:43 PM
To: AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Re: LAX gunman - info & opinion

In a message dated 7/5/02 9:41:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time,=20
addison@schonland.com writes:

 REF Snip.....................

> Hashem Mohamed Hadayat, 41, who gunned down Yakov Aminov, 46, and Vicky
He=
n,
> 25 =E2=80=93 both from Los Angeles - on the 4th of July at the El Al
termi=
nal of Los
> Angeles, and wounded 7 others, is revealed by DEBKAfile=E2=80=99s
intellig=
ence and
> counter-terror sources as a Muslim extremist. During his ten years in the
> United States, he was a secret operative of the Egyptian Jihad who
> maintained undercover links to the same Jihad cell in Brooklyn, New
York,=20
>=20

Etc.>>>>>=20

 If this isn't an across the board "airline list" story, nothing is! Hey,
am=
=20
I missing something here in mainstream news coverage of LAX 7/4???

POINT: I have not seen anything like Addison's above-referenced email=20
information in the mainstream press about the LAX incident yesterday.=20
Fascinating!=20

AND YET...............the FRI Noon news on KGO-AM in SFO had a piece that=20
says that the FBI is asking the public for help in establishing any
reason=20
why Hashem Mohamed Hadayat would have wanted to do what he did at LAX on
Jul=
y=20
4th???? ........."Are there family=20
reasons............??........!!!!"..........."Did he have financial=20
problems??....!!!!!" NO - HE HAD TERRORISM PROBLEMS!!! In the KGO Noon
news=20
on 7/5, nothing is being mentioned about actual direct terrorism
affiliation=
s=20
for the LAX perp - Hashem Mohamed Hadayat.

Seems to me that the media and the FBI might benefit from reading this
list,=
=20
and maybe also the DEBKAfile material that Addison Schonland posted here.

There are definitely more of these "Hadayat-type"guys running around in
the=20
USA. Believe it!!

 DEBKAfile (www.debka.com/ ) =C2=A0asserts that Hashem Mohamed Hadayat was
a=
=20
secret operative of the Egyptian Jihad in the USA. If you are not aware
of=20
the DEBKAfile web site, as I was not, it is worth a look. Appears to be
high=
=20
quality Israeli sources on terrorism intelligence.
=C2=A0 =C2=A0=20
According to DEBKAfile, yesterday's LAX perpetrator was apparently also=20
directly associated with the Egyptair 990 copilot - Gameel el-Batouty -
who=20
flew the B-767 into the Atlantic in 1999. Are we to believe that this is
a=20
casual coincidence?

It's incredible that the USGOV is so determined to surpress the actual=20
findings of the NTSB in the Egyptair crash investigation, in which said=20
copilot Gameel el-Batouty actually flew the B-767 into the ocean -=20
deliberately. Why the heck are we so concerned with not ruffling the
Egyptia=
n=20
government's feathers? Every time we turn around, some radical Egyptian
is=20
among those who want to "have a go" at us.............starting with 9/11,
an=
d=20
again yesterday.

If it is true that Hadayat WAS determined to be actually associated with=20
Gameel el-Batouty of Egyptair, wouldn't that ring a few bells for our=20
national police?????

As reference, my little contribution to the list - of background on
Egyptair=
=20
990: See Atlantic Monthly 11/01 cover article: <A
HREF=3D"http://www.theatla=
ntic.com/issues/2001/11/langewiesche.htm">The Crash of EgyptAir 990</A>

"Two years afterward the U.S. and Egyptian governments are still
quarreling=20
over the cause=E2=80=94a clash that grows out of cultural division, not
fact=
ual=20
uncertainty. A look at the flight data from a pilot's perspective, with
the=20
help of simulations of the accident, points to what the Egyptians already=20
know: the crash was caused not by any mechanical failure but by a pilot's=20
intentional act The author, given unprecedented access to flight data,=20
reconstructs the final minutes=E2=80=94and rules out all explanations for
th=
e crash=20
except deliberate suicide and mass murder by the Egyptian copilot"

        by William Langewiesche =C2=A0 =C2=A0=20

Plug this address into your web browser:

=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0http://www.theatlantic.com/i
=
ssues/2001/11/langewiesche.htm

Mike