From: Dennis W  Zeuch DZTOPS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:30:03 EDT
To: AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Re: double seat chgs

With a couple of carriers planning to 'double fare' large passengers I wonder
about large business travelers.  Most companys would balk at paying double to
send an employee on a business/sales/engineering/training air trip and would
probably send someone else.
This would effectively curtail the larger  persons future as they could be
pushed aside for no other reason than the increased costs of flying them.
Sounds like some legal grounds  (or at least moral grounds) for the airlines
to rethink the policy.  I think theyre just looking for a scapegoat so they
can duck their  responsibility for providing reasonabley comfortable
accomadations for passengers.
Dennis

http://mail2web.com/ .