Re: followup

David,

not sure how much help this is, but I looked these up in my database.
Here's what I found out:

> C-47B N103NA cn 33569 with Classic Express airlines
> titles - couldn't find
> this in JP.  The aircraft is registered to Newport
> Signal Air

Yes, I show c/n 16821/33569, registered to Newport / Signal Air Inc of Costa
Mesa, CA. Classic Express Airways was the previous operator.

> 2 B727's with "Charter America" titles on them. Again,
> can't find this
> airline in the latest JP.  Couldn't make out the
> registrations on these
> aircraft

The current fleet of Charter America, according to my database:
B727-31(F) N220NE c/n 18905, reportedly on lease to Custom Air Transport
B727-44(F) N723JE c/n 18896
B727-231RE N54354 c/n 21986
According to the db, N54354 wasn't delivered until May this year, so it
couldn't have been this one you saw. But of course they could have had
others than the remaining two.
Anyway, it would seem that both the freighters have been on lease to Custom
Air Transport at some point lately, so perhaps you can find them listed
there?

Finally: I used to use JP for my aircraft logging. Just like you, I kept
running into these kinds of problems. A couple of years ago I found out that
rather than buying JP Airline Fleets, JP Biz-jets and subscribing to
Aviation Letter to keep the books updated, I could actually save money by
buying a database, which, unlike the books, is updated at least 45x a year.
It also makes searching for specific aircraft a whole lot easier and
especially helps in logging biz-jets as JP Airline Fleets list those that
belong to commercial operators (fx. air taxi companies) but omits those that
are privately owned. As we both know, biz-jets rarely have titles, so
scrolling thru all the entries of 150+ pages of N- took forever when I had
seen an American biz-jet somewhere...
I don't want to be accused of advertising here, so I shall refrain from
mentioning which product I use. I'll just say that there are quite a few
commercial products available at fair prices, and I have personally never
regretted for a single moment the switch I made from pen and paper to
keyboard and mouse...

Rgds
Jan Broe
EKCH ATC