Re: LH running biz-class only 737 EWR-DUS

737-700 or should have read in CRS as 73G

-----Original Message-----
From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] On Behalf Of
Michael C. Berch
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 2:58 AM
To: AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Re: LH running biz-class only 737 EWR-DUS

On Monday, June 17, 2002, at 07:49  AM, Travel Pages wrote:
>> From what's in the GDS's, this is a 737 (Seven-Three-Seven) operated
>> by Privatair, SA.  When's the last time 737's operated regularly
>> scheduled transatlantic flights?
>
> Monday June 17, 9:04 am Eastern Time
> Deutsche Lufthansa Chairman: Runs Business-Class-Only Flights NEW YORK

> -(Dow Jones)- Deutsche Lufthansa AG (G.LHA) now offers
> business- class-only flights, said Wolfgang Mayrhuber, deputy chairman

> of the company.
>
> The flights take place between the business centers of New York and
> Duesseldorf , Germany , he said in a CNBC interview Monday.

Hmmmm.  Did Swiss International ever start transatlantic service with
737s?

Does anyone know how many seats are on the plane, and what model 737 it
is?  OAG and the CRS just show it as a "737" which used to mean a
737-200 (the second and third generation models had individual codes),
but I doubt if that has the range, unless they tore out most of the
seats and added fuel tanks.

The fare is quoted as USD 4258.80.

--
Michael C. Berch