Re: Fwd: Air Canada Launches New Tango Service Today Between Vancouver and Regina, Saskatoon and Winnipeg

I've noticed all of these announcements for Tango's new
services.  Do they really expect to be able to make
money with 1 flight per day in the new markets?  Looking
over their schedule, many, if not most, of their city
pairs have only 1 flight a day.

When deregulation took effect in the USA, the original
Braniff expanded rapidly (like Tango) with only 1 flight
a day between city pairs (like Tango) and look what
happened (possibly going to happen to Tango?).  I
believe this is one of the major reason that Braniff
went bankrupt.

Granted, the Canadian market is much smaller than the
USA but it still doesn't make sense to have only 1
flight a day between their major cities.  I know they
are not going after the business pax. However, pax would
probably like to have a choice of more than 1 flight a
day.

BTW: Where did they get a stupid name like Tango? Do the
flight attendants dance this dance while inflight?
--
David Ross
http://home.attbi.com/~damiross