Does anyone know anything about this one

Quick question for everyone.

About a month ago, a friend of mine was flying AA from SFO to Mexico.  On
departure, one of the passangers had a heart attack and then there was a
contained engine failure.  Instead of returning to SFO the plan landed at
SJC.  I'm guessing because AA has a maintence base there.  I have checked
the NTSB website a few times and have yet to see anything.  So, two
questions:

1. Would this be considered an incident that would have to be reported to
the NTSB?  Or why is this not posted on the website yet?
2. Anyone have any details as to why they would fly to SJC instead of
returning to SFO.

Any info would be great.

Thanks,
tyler