Pan American Airways to Connect Newark With Three Dominican Cities

Pan American Airways to Connect Newark With Three Dominican Cities

    Newark to Puerto Plata, Punta Cana & Santiago will begin on June 28th

    PORTSMOUTH, N.H., June 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Pan American Airways announced
today that it will begin service between Newark International Airport and
Puerto Plata, Punta Cana and Santiago in the Dominican Republic.  The flights
will begin on June 28, 2002, but are for sale immediately.
    Pan Am President Dave Fink said, "The expansion of service in the
Dominican Republic is a meaningful event for the airline and we hope this will
add greatly to the Dominican Republic's transportation infrastructure."  Fink
added, "It is a real joy to see Pan Am's presence in the Dominican Republic
and Caribbean expand.  In the early days of air travel, Pan Am was the first
airline to offer business and leisure travel in the Caribbean and South
America.  Renewing this commitment to this region is a meaningful milestone
for us."
    The Pan Am routes between Newark International Airport and the Dominican
Republic cities of Puerto Plata, Punta Cana and Santiago will be aboard the
airline's fleet of Boeing 727-200 Clipper Aircraft.  Reservation, fare and
schedule information can be found at http://www.FLYPANAM.com, toll free at 1-800-
FLYPANAM or through your local travel agent.
    Pan Am's expansion comes on the heels of the airline's successful launch
of service between Puerto Plata, San Juan and Miami on May 30th.  Fink
stressed, "The expansion of our Dominican Republic market presence comes about
as a consequence of assistance from the Dominican Republic's President
Hipolito Mejia's Government and Minister of Tourism, Dr. Subervi.  The ability
for Pan Am to expand into Punta Cana and Santiago as rapidly as we have is a
testament to the Government's commitment to expansion of air service and
economic development in the Dominican Republic.  We are thrilled with the
opportunity this air service will bring to the regions' community and hope
that our service will not only support important business needs, but help
friends and family to visit and stay connected."

Roger
EWROPS