[no subject]

----- Original Message -----
From: <damiross@attbi.com>
To: <AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 11:18 PM

David

I had to laugh at the article you posted by some bird from World Daily or
whatever it is called.

She seems to suggest that because airlines are privately owned businesses,
that they have a right to protect their property in a way that they see fit.

Obviously, you have made yourself clear that this is what your stance is
right?

If this is the case, do you agree with her?

And also, if you go agree with her, would you also agree that since airlines
are privately owned businesses, they are responsible for their own futures,
and hence, should not be they not be the recipients of billions of dollars
of taxpayers aid. The taxpayers aren't responsible for absolute pathetic
management at most of the American airlines, so why should they foot the
bill for incompetence by a PRIVATE business?

You see, government does have a place in the business world, in every
country on this planet, because without some degree of authority, we would
all be living in a world which would resemble Taliban controlled
Afghanistan, and I can guarantee you that we wouldn't be hearing about
pilots pushing to have guns in the cockpit, because there would be no such
thing in America as a pilot or an airline.

Think about it