ATC Controllers Use As Security Measure

I've been trying to find the reference for the prohibition on the use of
controllers in an airports security program. I'm sure the premise is
it's unsafe for them to act as 'lookouts' for suspicious ground activity
when they should be controlling aerodrome traffic. I'm sure I've seen
that somewhere (perhaps in an FAA Order?) but can't find it. I know we
have some controllers on this list, any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve
OAK