New discount air carrier to offer flights from Winnipeg

New discount air carrier to offer flights from Winnipeg
Canadian Press (Tuesday May 28, 2002)

TORONTO (CP) _ Canada's newest entry in the low-fare, no-frills travel
sector will take off June 12 with the launch of Jetsgo.
Jetsgo will ``offer consumers in Eastern Canada simple discount air travel
between Toronto, Montreal, Halifax, Winnipeg and Vancouver,'' said Michel
Leblanc, who has been starting air operations since his teens and is best
known as founder of Royal Aviation.  ``We are offering no-frills domestic
service in Eastern Canada _ a market where there is no true discount
carrier on any high-volume routes,'' Leblanc, the new airline's president
and general manager, stated Tuesday.  ``We believe that all consumers,
including people travelling on business, are looking for a simple,
economical way to travel.''  Jetsgo -- with no lounges, tickets or
complimentary food or drinks -- will operate three 160-seat Boeing MD-83
aircraft. A fourth plane is to be added in the fall.  Leblanc said a
one-way flight between Montreal and Toronto will cost $89 to $149 on
Jetsgo, while one-way fares between Toronto and Vancouver will range from
$234 to $319.  Travellers will book their flights online at www.jetsgo.net,
by phone or through travel agents, and will receive only a confirmation
number for check-in at the airport. Food and beverages will be sold on the
aircraft.  The airline is offering a two-for-one offer during the next two
weeks, on travel between June 12 and June 21.  Jetsgo will run three daily
return flights between Montreal and Toronto, two between Toronto and
Winnipeg and Vancouver, and one between Halifax and Toronto. Other city
pairs will have one or two daily return flights, and additional flights and
destinations are to be added in the coming months.  ``Jetsgo is a smiling
airline with a can-do attitude,'' Leblanc said.  ``We are a simple airline
to book, to board and to fly. And we will have the lowest fare in the
marketplace - no matter where we fly.''

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site:
Roj (Roger James)

escape email mailto:ejames@escape.ca
Trinbago site: http://www.tntisland.com
CBSC Website
http://www.tntisland.com/caribbeansocabrassconnection/
The Trinbago Site of the Week:
(Coco Reef) http://www.cocoreef.com/
(Coco Reef Resort & Spa)
courtesy of Roj Trinbago Website & TnT Web Directory
Roj's Trinbago Website: http://www.tntisland.com
TnT Web Directory: http://search.co.tt