Re: [aviatsiya] Dash 8 for Russian airline?!

Howdy guys

It is pretty much safe to tell now, seeing as a public statement has =
been made, that the Dash 8s will be operating with SAT Airlines =
(Sakhalinski Aviatrassy) out of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk.=20

Details are below, although no mention of aircraft is made, I can assure =
you that the Dash 8 Srs 100 is the chosen aircraft for this job.

Cheers

Scotty

-----

Exxon Neftegas Limited has awarded Sakhalinskiye Aviatrassy a major =
five-year contract for aviation services. The contract is among the =
largest ever awarded to a Sakhalin company in the framework of the =
Sakhalin shelf projects.

Under the contract, SAT will provide exclusive private flight operations =
for domestic flights on Sakhalin and to the Russian mainland, as well as =
internationally to Japan. SAT will acquire two 34-passenger turboprop =
aircrafts, and train up to thirty local staff to operate and maintain =
them.

The contract will provide aviation service to the Sakhalin-1 oil and gas =
project throughout the first phase of its development of the Chayvo and =
Odoptu oil fields, offshore the northeast coast of Sakhalin island. At =
$US 4.0 billion capital investment, the first phase of the Sakhalin-1 =
project will be the most significant investment under a Production =
Sharing Agreement in Russia, and the first to include Russian partners =
/Rosneft and SMNG/, in addition to SODECO /Japan/, ONGC Videsh Ltd. =
/India/, and the operator ENL, a subsidiary of the American oil major =
ExxonMobil. Neil Duffin, President of ENL, stated that ``we will =
continue to seek Russian expertise and integrate our collective skills =
and experience to address the many challenges involved in this project =
to achieve the maximum value for all stakeholders. We will also continue =
working to identify and contract qualified Russian companies and =
organizations with the skills and experience required to carry out the =
work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.``

/Rigzone.com/

----- Original Message -----=20