UA from Australia

Does anyone know anything about UA's plans for their MEL services?

A friend was telling me they are contemplating either restarting the =
MEL-AKL-LAX service with the 777 aircraft now servicing AKL or a 777 =
MEL-HNL direct service.

The latter would seem to be a filling a void, as UA do not serve HNL =
from Australia anymore and it would give Australians the choice of LAX, =
SFO or HNL direct flights but what about their STAR alliance partner AC =
who already do both MEL - HNL and SYD - HNL, would that be a =
consideration as well?=20

Any ideas anyone?

James
www.airlinesimulation.com

PS - No, I haven't forgotten about NZ but I am trying to :-)