Re: U.S. Won't Allow Guns in Cockpits

> > > Sen. Ernest Hollings, D-S.C., who chairs the
Commerce Committee, said guns
> > > would not be needed as long as pilots kept cockpit
doors locked while in
> > > flight.
> >
> >Bullshit!
>
> Oh, eloquently put! But would you care to elaborate on
this so that those
> of us who aren't panicking at the thought of unarmed
pilots might better
> understand why you're flying off at the handle about
this?

> How many homeowners are wounded or killed by their own
weapons when a
> criminal overpowers them after the pick up the weapon?
How much training
> are we going to give these pilots so they won't be
overpowered by the
> passengers they feel threatened by? At what cost, both
in time and training
> costs?
>
> Hollins is a jerk for lots of reasons, but opposing
guns on planes isn't
> one of them.
A whole lot more homeowners with guns prevent crimes
than are wounded by their own weapons, regardless of
what the major media would have you believe.  A locked
door is not going to stop a hijacker.  Check out
http://www.secure-skies.org/.

It is possible for the Legislative branch to demand the
executive branch to do something by passing a law.  If
the president vetos it, then the Congress can still make
it a law by overriding the veto.

--
David Ross
http://home.attbi.com/~damiross