Re: AS flight Lgb to Mexico turns backs to Lax

In a message dated 5/19/02 2:54:02 AM Central Daylight Time, kawika42@mac.com
writes:

> The flight originated at LAX, not Long Beach.  If I remember correctly,
> they did declare an emergency to get priority ATC handling but they
> didn't feel the need was urgent enough to land at San Diego; better to
> go to LAX with it's longer runways and maintenance facilities.

So what do our dispatchers think of this in light of "nearest airport in
point of time?"  I see an extra report being written.

Jim
I have a personal dent in the crew lounge sofa.
Proud to be an American,
Jim Hann
Waterski J-41 Captain
STL