Re: UA LHRBRU Flights

At 06:41 AM 5/15/2002 -0700, Bryant Petitt wrote:
>....My wife and I just booked ATL-IAD-LHR/CDG-IAD-ATL consolidator fare on
>UA...We could have not done the open jaw and gone on the first part
>ATL-IAD-LHR-CDG (for the same price, about $509 each total) .....Just
>curious to know what Codeshare? Aircraft? we will be missing LHR-CDG!
>
>Bryant Petitt

If you use Windows, both UAL.com and StarAlliance.com offer nice programs
that show their system-wide timetables. The one from UAL shows anything
with a UAL flight number, including code shares (and who really operates
the flight); the one from Star Alliance shows just the "real" flight
numbers for Star Alliance flights. If you're interested in the flights
between LHR and CDG within the Star Alliance or under a UAL code-share
number, you can find that information easily in the respective programs
That was how I got the info on BRU-LHR and then what the same flight
numbers out of LHR were used for. :-)

(bmi British Midland runs 737s and, once a week, a Fokker 100 on the
LHR-CDG route. I'm not sure if UAL has code-shares on them or not.)

Both sites also offer nice PalmOS applications with their time tables.
They're not as potent as the PC versions, but for those who travel too
much, they're nice additions to one's PDA. :-)

Nick