Re: UA LHRBRU Flights

At 01:21 AM 5/15/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I have noticed over the next couple of months UA is offering flights
>between Heathrow and Brussels on their own 767-300s.  Anyone have any idea
>why they are doing this?

LHR is a minor hub for UA; my guess is that this is to improve their
ability to deliver customers to Brussels, through London. Whether this is a
reaction to Sabena or not, I couldn't say. As for why they chose flight
numbers that are also used for LHR-SFO flights, I can't really say. Clearly
they won't be using the same plane (the trans-Atlantic segments are 777s;
the trans-Channel segments, as noted, are 763s). Maybe SFO has a relatively
high population of Belgians?