And old friend leaves ....

Pretty soon THY will get rid of all of its A310-300s.
I remember being in high school and trying to get pictures
of these aircrafts with my old Russian 12 XP camera in
IST. I have 10-15 flights on these aircrafts including
two cockpit visits one on the -200 models that's been
gone for some time and another one in -300 model.

To make this aircraft more important , a THY A310-300
brought me to JFK for the first time almost 10 years
ago the day the TWA 727 (I believe) was engulfed in flames.
The aircraft's name was Meric. It's sort of like the modern
day Ellis Island story..

It didn't sell that many but it was a great airplane
that could handle full fuel, cargo, pax without even
worrying about the density altitude.

BAHA
Fan of A310s

Wednesday May 8, 5:37 am Eastern Time
Turkish Airlines Sells 7 A310/300 Planes For $144.6 Million

ISTANBUL -(Dow Jones)- Turkish Airlines (C.THY), Turkey 's national carrier,
Wednesday said it was selling seven A310/300 passenger planes and spare
engines to an unnamed buyer for $144.6 million.

Its statement to the Istanbul Stock Exchange didn't identify the purchaser.
Analysts said an Iranian company, acting on behalf of Iran Air, is believed
to be the buyer.

Turkish Airlines said it signed a sales agreement for three A310/300s, two
spare engines and an auxiliary-power unit for $68 million, and also signed a
letter of intent to sell four A310/300s and two spare engines for $76.6
million.

Analysts said the sale prices are high, and the deal also secures a
maintenance contract.

The state-owned Turkish Airlines in 2001 sold six A310/200s, some engines
and spare parts to Iran Air for $90 million.

The Turkish carrier in 1985 and 1986 bought 14 A310s with extra fuel
capacity, which would enable Iran Air to make round-trips without refueling
abroad.

Iran , due to international sanctions, can't purchase airplanes directly
from the manufacturers.

The sale is part of Turkish Airlines' plan to cut costs amid the Turkish
recession and the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in the U.S. The airline is also
slated for privatization by the government, under the International Monetary
Fund-backed economic plan.