Re: If I ran United...

LUV has that clause SPECIFICALLY to entice. It means nothing.

Back-to-Back ticketing is meant to take advantage of Saturday stay required
round-trip pricing when there is to be no Saturday stay.

WN doesn't offer any round-trip fares that require a Saturday stay so
back-to-back bookings aren't required to save money.

But it does make for great marketing...

I'm guessing that Herb also has lenient change fee and cancellation
policies. The majors do it not to punish their customers or as a revenue
source, their primary goals is so that their load-factor predictions don't
get all wobbly. Herb achieves load-factor predictions using a more
disciplined approach to pricing yield management.

I really wish people would get into their head (not you specifically Walter)
that Southwest/WestJet/JetBlue etc. and the majors all play the same game
with yield management, fare restrictions and rules.

They do play the game very differently, but it is the same game.

Matthew