  From: talkafrica=20
  To: AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU=20
  Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 2:48 PM
  Subject: HELP -- City airport codes

  A challenge for the list -- please can you help.

  Tomorrow I am lecturing DHL Zimbabwe on client service ... and how =
important
  it is to have a good product knowledge.

  Courier companies tag parcels with airport codes of the nearest =
airport to
  the parcel's destination and I plan to check their knowledge of the =
major
  codes like LHR and LAX, but I'l also like to throw in a few more =
obscure
  ones.

  For example, Bulawayo here in Zimbabwe is BUQ. Where the Q comes from =
  don't know, but there it is.

  Do you know of any other airports that have unusual codes that don't =
match
  the name of the town.

  I'm sure the DHL people will have a lot of laughs about this tomorrow =
if I
  can come up with some brainteasers and I would welcome the help of the =
list
  please.

  Geoff in Harare