Re: If I ran United...

The best customers shouldn't be parked in FC either.  SQ has the right idea,
you sit where you paid to sit.  Why would anyone ever pay for FC when they
can get it for free.  I think one of the reasons the airlines in North
America are having the financial problems they are is that they have been
giving away their premium, high yield product for years.  It's gotten to the
point where no one pays for it.  Wouldn't it be nice to be able to walk into
a jewelry store, buy a Timex and walk out with a Rolex because you are one of
their best customers.  The jeweler wouldn't be in business for very long if
they did that would they? The airlines already reward you with free flights
as a thank you for your loyalty, what more do you want?  The airlines have
completely destroyed the integrity of their front end product because no one
pays to be there.  If no one is willing to pay for FC then get rid of it.

That's my 2 cents worth

Mark