Re: NYTimes.com Article: UAL to Seek New Chief Executive

1. Increase point-to-point service, and leave, as much as possible,
travelling to the hubs for
-- commuter aircraft
-- international flights
I know, I've said this before, but as my freshman year high school
teacher said, over and over, "repetitio mater doctrinae est."

2. Keep middle seats empty, as much as possible. (How? By pricing.)

identify, not red, white and (gag) orange, but red, white, and blue.

4. Get someone with the persuasive power of Lyndon Johnson (the one who
got civil rights laws passed, not the Viet Nam one) who can convince high
paid employees (including management) to accept a paycut.

5. Develop pride in United.

john

--
John F. Kurtzke, C.S.C.