JetBlue to stop paying U.S. travel agent commissions

    Let's be fair now, lets start bashing JetBlue like when the majors
did the same.

JetBlue to stop paying U.S. travel agent commissions

Wednesday April 24, 6:57 PM EDT

NEW YORK, April 24 (Reuters) - Discount airline JetBlue Airways
Corp.(JBLU
<http://money.iwon.com/jsp/qt/full.jsp?time=0&symbol_search_text=JBLU> )
will quit paying travel agents commissions for tickets sold within the
United States, beginning on Thursday, the company said.

JetBlue said that it had not picked up extra business after competitors
cut travel agent commissions, and it needed to keep costs low.

"Over the last month, travel agency bookings actually decreased as a
percentage of our overall business. Under these circumstances, we
couldn't justify the extra expense when our competitors weren't," Chief
Executive David Neeleman said in a statement.

The company said the move would take place beginning at 12:01 a.m. EDT
on Thursday morning.