REQ: International Air, Texas

Hi all,

I'm trying to solve a riddle dating from my USA trip in Spring 1999.
At Tulsa, Oklahoma (TUL) on 29/30 March 1999, next to the three ex-Alitalia
DC-8s I saw a DC-3 wearing primarily silver or grey colours and titles
"International Air" (perhaps "Airways" or "Airlines"). Also, there might
have been a word more in the title (like "xxxxx Int'l Air").
The N- registration either began with "34" or contained that number
combination.
I am sorry that the description is so vague, but the angle at which the
aircraft was parked prevented me from any further identification.

I have just searched the DC-3 archive at www.airliners.net using the word
International as a further search string, and I found two pictures that
could be a hint. These are:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/026506/M/ and
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/026505/M/ , both of which were taken at
Wiley Post Airport in Oklahoma City some 5 months prior to my visit to the
area.
According to the accompanying text, these show a DC-3 of "International Air"
which is said to be an Edinburgh, Texas or McAllen, Texas based operation
(the picture texts contradict each other!).
While the pictured airframe is probably not the same that I saw (at least
the colours are not 100% matching what I wrote in my log book), I might have
seen another aircraft from the same operator. After all, the pics indicate
that this company *did* operate into that general area.

I have tried searching my database for further info about the company but
drew a blank.
Does anyone know more about the company? Preferably I would like a list of
aircraft operated in early 1999.
Also, if anyone else visited Tulsa around the same time and could give me a
positive ID of this sighting, I'd be more than happy (after all, it might
not be this airline...)

Grasping at straws, I know, but the strangest requests have been answered on
these lists in the past...

Rgds
Jan Broe
EKCH ATC