From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU]On Behalf Of W
Wilson
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 2:55 PM
To: AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs flight

...FRG has various incentives to attract business by waiving/reducing the
parking fee....and the airport is friendly and convenient.
Fees could be a possibility why they didn't choose LGA/JFK  The fee to land
at any NY state airport is bad enough (they were charging for training touch
and goes up to a few years ago..not sure about now. I got a bill once for
about $30 for multiple landings and it wasn't even my aircraft), but at LGA
and JFK there are extra fees...parking/ramp mainly which are out of this
world.
another possibility.....if they did choose JFK/LGA and aren't landing there
is they couldn't get a reservation slot.
...also JFK has minimal FBO services.

I might add...when there is a charter on a commercial airline, the notation
of the airline many times becomes irrelevant and the plane is just another
aircraft visiting an airport (FBO)..in this case, it is just a 737 the Maple
Leafs chartered (contracted) for the right price....in AC colors
....another example, for the games at University of Florida in Gainesville,
I used to see many a commercial airline parked on the FBO ramp..airlines
that weren't native to GNV chartered by the visiting teams.

Walter
DCA