Re: Complaints by Canadian air travellers

Sorry if I'm not clear in what I'm referring to, I
receive DIGEST messages, but have something to react
to on the "indifference" and lack of attention of
agents...we all know this applies equally to US
carriers.

This is precisely the reason why I, personally, want
to get into the industry. While I may have to start
off with an entry level position like a gate agent,
I'm all for it. (I really want to be a flight
attendant.) It's hard to make this come across through
a resume (CV) or an e-mail like this, but I want
someone to hire me (and I do have the credentials) so
that I can do the best I can to ensure that passengers
have one of the best experiences with whatever airline
I end up working with.

I've worked retail and most people would never do it,
I know, it's a thankless job. The motivation for me is
to watch someone walk out of the store (or in this
case walk away from the counter or off the plane) with
a smile and you know s/he's thinking "wow, he was
nice".

One example: FLL-EWR on COA. My Mom's bag was 5 lbs
overweight. The agent knew it. He simply twiddled his
thumbs for a few moments while the colleague next to
him, who seemed to be giving him the watchful eye, got
distracted with something else. He then took my Mom's
bag and put it on the belt. Little things like that go
a long way for me.

I'm going to sound like a complete geek but I want to
be out there helping people. I'm sick of reading
articles like this and sick of the fact that airline
management is so blind sometimes. Eventually and
hopefully, it'll be me up there sometime soon.

=====
-Christopher Liao
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Wooster, Ohio