Let There Be Tornado's

Ah yes, there's nothing like standing outside your apartment and watching
two tornados to the northwest of you attempting to form and touch the
ground.  A slowly moving storm cell out of Bosque Cty, just to the
southwest of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, was producing some really
nasty cells of weather that in themselves, were producing rotation, shear
and a tornado or two.  One in particular struck the ground near the
railroad crossing at Handley Rd, in Handley or Fort Worth, TX.  About 54
hours ago I was at that very crossing waiting for a train to pass so I
could snap the last pic on my camera.  My luck being what it is, the
engine stays stationary for over 30 minutes and I realized it was time to
haul myself back to the Ponderosa.  Just south of that crossing is a
large pawn shop...that same pawn shop is more than 50% destroyed.  To the
west of the intersection is Red Rooster Lumber; it is totally destroyed.
Interesting aspect to this entire storm was the fact that a Union Pacific
caboose was never touched.  God must have been a railroad fan :-)  DFW
International Airport had a total shutdown, with flights either being
redirected, delayed or outright cancelled.

One additional sidelight to the railroad crossing....just to the north a
church had about one-third of its roof removed, exposing the auditorium.
Me thinks this was where the tornado temporarily touched down, and then
picked itself back up into the clouds.  I'm sure those of you who live in
"Tornado Alley", have some story's to tell.

Regards,
Richard Whitenight