Maybe the NY Boyz will get lucky and they will have to stop for fuel ... or you can take a picture as they pass overhead...

LOS ANGELES-April 4, 2002--Air Tahiti Nui, the national flag airline
of French Polynesia, announced today that it has received French
Government approval to operate 2 flights per week between Papeete and
Paris, with flights operating via Los Angeles in each direction.
Already holding U.S. Government rights, Air Tahiti Nui will provide
twice weekly transatlantic service nonstop between Los Angeles and
Paris on Mondays and Wednesdays effective May 5.

To serve this route and accommodate other expansion, Air Tahiti Nui
has acquired a second Airbus Industrie A-340-300 aircraft, the high
technology, long-haul leader in commercial aviation. The aircraft is
configured to provide 3 classes of service and will operate over the
carrier's extensive network from Papeete to Los Angeles, Paris,
Tokyo, Osaka and Auckland, New Zealand.

``We are honored to now have the authority to provide the historical
and cultural linkage between French Polynesia and France and the
commencement of transatlantic service from Los Angeles to Paris will
mark yet another milestone in our Company's growth and development,''
said Nelson Levy, Chairman and CEO Air Tahiti Nui. ``Air Tahiti Nui
has demonstrated its success in the marketplace by providing the
highest quality of service with the newest, most comfortable aircraft
geared towards customer satisfaction. We now embark on an exciting
new phase and look forward to spreading our wings to the European
Continent,'' Levy added.

The airline will fly between Los Angeles and Paris on Mondays and
Wednesdays and will provide return service on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
With the addition of the 2 transatlantic services, Air Tahiti Nui
will provide nonstop service from Los Angeles to Papeete 5 times per
week. In the peak months of July through October, the airline will
offer two additional frequencies to accommodate the heavy vacation
travel, especially honeymooners who comprise a large percentage of
the airline's traffic, to provide daily service.

Levy noted that since it inception in November of 1998, Air Tahiti
Nui has become the leader in the carriage of air passengers between
North America and Tahiti. He pointed out that the airline has
outstanding relations with the major tour operators and cruise lines
which specialize in Tahiti.

``As Tahiti's national flag carrier, we have a responsibility to
provide the appropriate lift to support our travel industry partners.
These additional flights are an example of such cooperation to the
benefit of the traveling public and the economic growth of French
Polynesia,'' he added.

To contact Air Tahiti Nui for more information regarding the new
flights to Paris or service to Tahiti, travelers are invited to call
the airline's reservations center toll free at either 877-824-4846 or
866-835-9286 or visit the airline's web site at
 <http://www.flyatn.com/> http://www.flyatn.com.