Re: Airline Travel Agent Commissions

In a message dated 3/29/02 5:37:33 PM !!!First Boot!!!, mmontano@direct.ca
writes:

<< 2) On fares between $400-$3000 my travel agent CONTINUALLY beats the
 best fare  >>
Under very limited circumstances and very limited routes I would have to
guess.
On normal routes within the USA between medium and large cities the agent
doesent have a prayer - esp if the traveler is flexible.  I just saw a
$124.00 RT on Northwest from PHX to BOS valid Tues, Wed and Thurs thru July.
Those kind of fares are cheapest on the internet (Travelocity).
If you have a multi stop, multi carrier business trip and make 2-3 changes
after its booked and youre leaving next monday  THEN what you say makes sense.
Dennis