Re: Boeing 307 in the water?

Here's a version someone sent me:

This afternoon, the one and only Boeing 307 Stratoliner in existence made a
forced landing in the waters of Elliott Bay near downtown Seattle,
Washington.

Details of why are not yet available, but the four folks aboard are okay. The
pilot did a perfect water landing just yards offshore.  The plane appears to
be mostly intact, though possibly the landing gear were removed in the
ditching.  Unfortunately, the aircraft is mostly submerged in salt water -
the absolutely stunning six-year restoration effort by Boeing employees is
now soaked in fish farts...

This rare bird has a long history and connection to Boeing and Seattle.  My
own connection to the 307 stretches back a quarter century to when I first
fell in love with its clean lines at the Pima Air Museum in Tucson, AZ in
1976.  I was at Boeing Field in 1994 when it returned to be restored, and
thrilled to the rumble of its four engines as it flashed in the skies of the
Northwest last summer.

Following the local news coverage here this afternoon, I watched as a lone
seagull flew over the ditched Stratoliner.   Pretty sure I saw it dip a wing
in salute, and can easily imagine a tear in its eye...  maybe it was just the
tear in mine...

I got these photos at the Arlington WA EAA Fly-In last July.

Bob  ^,,^
http://bobqat.com

News story links:
 http://www.komotv.com/stories/17560.htm