Re: Airline Travel Agent Commissions

Dennis, to use your own words, lets compare apples to apples.  Back in the old
days that very well may have been the case but I am sure that was before the
advent of frequent flyer programs and tier status.  As I said in a previous post,
points are the driving factor these days.  Normally, the only flexibility we have
these days is perhaps recommending another carrier within the same alliance.  If
I recommend Singapore Airlines over United Airlines, it's not because I make more
money on SQ, it's because SQ is the world's finest airline and is a far superior
travel experience to either UA.  I would recommend Cathay Pacific or Qantas over
American Airlines for similar reasons.  Unfortunately, the North American
carriers just don't cut it when it comes to service.

Mark