DAL/AWA Pipline Dream?

In a message dated 3/20/02 10:58:41 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
wlw-jr@att.net writes:

> America West's share price tumble also reflected deflated market
> hopes of a rumored takeover bid from Delta Air Lines Inc. (DAL).
>
> Delta and America West both declined to comment on the issue.
>
> ABN Amro's Raymond Neidl said takeover speculation had fuelled America
> West's recent share price movements, but described the market talk as "a
> pipeline dream."

But isn't this industry built on dreams?  Never mind the fact that Cactus has
Buses and Delta doesn't...HP's hubs in Columbus and Vegas would be redundant
to Delta's hubs in Cincy & Salt Lake...and the Feds, who saved Cactus' bacon
with loan guarantees, doesn't want to see labor costs increase at HP (hmmmm).
 Ah but that doesn't mean we can't dream, does it?  Ya know those Delta
widgets would look right at home on an DelWest A320 wingtip!!

RT Simpson
Phoenix